ECM Developer is an open source Eclipse plug-in aimed at supporting the development of applications using the IBM FileNet P8 Content Engine.
The old version also supported CMIS repositories, but due to limited time and resources this is no longer the case. The focus will be on IBM FileNet P8 Content Engine repositories
The basic features are browsing, creating, comparing and modifying objects. Searches can be designed using a graphical query editor fully integrated in the Eclipse IDE. Documents can be tracked within the Eclipse IDE enabling fast updates of the content.
More advanced features are building UML diagrams based on the class definitions, running Java code using object store objects as input and editing Content Engine Code Modules.
- Connect to IBM FileNet Content Engine
- Object Stores browsing using a full view and a favorites view
- Searching using a graphical search designer
- Creating, renaming, moving and deleting of Object Store objects
- Checkout, checking, save, download, view and compare documents
- Code Module creation and updating
- Editing properties and security
- Class Diagram Editing
- Running Java code using object store objects as input
- Java Code generation
Object Store Browsing
Class Diagram Editor
Code Module Editor
Graphical Query Editor